Lwannunda Community Development Initiative (LCDI) is the umbrella organisation for development projects in the Lwannunda community of Masaka, Uganda. The LCDI project was initiated by local leaders and the community to address development needs of the area.
The objectives of LCDI are:
- To empower the disadvantaged young adults of the community with practical knowledge and skills needed to have a sustainable living
- To produce self-reliant people who are job makers rather than job seekers and at the same time, create a resource base to meet the demand for trained personnel
- To address unemployment among the youth at Lwannunda and the surrounding areas
- To provide medical resources for disadvantaged families in the community
- To provide medical resources for the disadvantaged in the area